Our interns and volunteers provide crucial help in implementing our exhibitions and public programs. The core goal of the HVCCA internship and volunteer program is to ensure all participants have an extremely valuable learning experience while here, and also we strive to provide strong staff support and guidance. We want the things they learn here to be useful to them in their careers and education. We strive to work with local schools and colleges to provide meaningful experiences which often translate into credits! All volunteers and interns are also rewarded with a free one year membership to HVCCA, as well as a lasting relationship with the institution.
Internship Opportunities at HVCCA
We are currently seeking interns for Fall!
An HVCCA internship is a unique opportunity for current graduate and undergraduate students who wish to enrich their understanding of nonprofit development, exhibition organization and program coordination. You may also receive school credit for an internship at HVCCA.
Responsibilities may be developed into a more comprehensive project consistent with the intern’s department requirements and interests. Scheduling is flexible depending on the student’s class schedule and requirements. These are unpaid internships; we will work with the student and their department in order to facilitate any credit requirements.
Basic computer skills are required. Design computer skills and/or WordPress skills are a plus. People skills are a must. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Since 2003, internships have been completed by students from Barnard College, New York University, Manhattanville College, SUNY Purchase, SUNY New Paltz, Marist College, Westchester Community College and the College of New Rochelle.
Students are able to receive hands on experience in:
- Art Education Programming
- Exhibition Docent Training
- Curatorial Research
- Art Administration
- Installation/De-Installation and maintenance of public works
To apply for an HVCCA internship:
Please send your resume, cover letter, and availability to the Museum Manager, Sarah Connors.
Email: [email protected], with “Internship” in the subject line.
Peekskill Film Festival Internship
HVCCA is seeking an intern for the second annual Peekskill Film Festival!
The Field Library , Paramount Hudson Valley Theater and The Hudson Valley Center For Contemporary Art Present The Peekskill Film Festival, Friday, July 28- Sunday, July 30, 2017 at the Hudson Valley Paramount Theater Peekskill, NY
The title for this internship is Project Coordinator, and this intern will work closely with the festival’s founder, Alicia Morgan, helping to promote the film festival on social media as well as through in-person marketing, curatorial assistance, screening films, interacting with the filmmakers and publicists, write press releases, and more.
To apply for this internship, contact Alicia Morgan directly at [email protected].
Volunteer Opportunities at HVCCA
We are currently looking for volunteers to help with:
- Volunteers assist with visitor reception and visitor database when the museum is open to the public. Provides back-up and assistance for HVCCA staff in meeting and greeting the public and answering questions about HVCCA, its exhibitions and programs. Time Period: Weekends
Docents / Gallery Guides
- Volunteers learn about our current exhibitions and lead and/or assist in gallery tours, including group tours scheduled by appointment. Time Period: Weekends, on a tour-by-tour basis
Special Event Volunteers
- Volunteers assist in all aspects of special events, from set-up, hosting and strike for artist dialogues, opening receptions and other special museum events.
Volunteers can take advantage of the following benefits:
- Free Admission to the Museum for a year (after first 10 volunteer hours)!
- Free Admission to Special Events!
- Meeting fellow art lovers in the community!
How to apply for a volunteer position:
Please send us an email telling us about your work background, your interest in volunteering at the museum, your skills, and your availability. If you have a resume, please send that too.
We would love to hear from you!
Send to: [email protected], and put “Volunteer” in the subject line.